The Stop B2H Coalition is a non-political, grassroots organization of nearly 1000 individuals and a growing number of member organizations.
Our purpose is to fight the unneeded B2H (Boardman to Hemingway) transmission line through NE Oregon, and to promote energy conservation
and innovative developments in renewable energy, storage, and distribution.
The Stop B2H Coalition announces GoFundMe campaigns targeted at these donor groups:
Choose your favorite and send a donation!
B2H is a 500 kV line that is proposed to connect Boardman, OR to Hemingway, ID. This line would consist of 1200 towers as high as 200′, spanning 305 miles, and requiring a minimum 250’-wide clear cut.
Want to know more? Read this overview.
- KGW-TV segment about Stop B2H (updated for the court’s ruling) (March 9, 2023)
- Oregon Supreme Court’s Ruling on the B2H (March 9, 2023)
- Latest newsletter: We made it to the Supremes! (March 2023)
- The Grand Bargain: Oregon Heritage for Idaho Power (1859 Oregon’s Magazine, January 2022)
- Stop B2H Coalition v. Oregon Department of Energy, S069919 (video from 1/18/23; proceeding starts at 5:30)
- Amazon Smile is shutting down on Feb 20. (See bottom of this list.)
- Idaho Power seeks PUC certificate for Boardman to Hemingway line (East Oregonian 1/14/23)
- Happy New Year 2023 from the Stop B2H Coalition!
- Concerns over B2H expressed at 2nd Oregon Public Utility Commission hearing (LG Observer 12/10/22)
- Opposition to B2H expressed during virtual Oregon Public Utility Commission hearing (LG Observer 12/7/22)
- Oregon Public Utility Commission seems well-tuned to B2H’s shortcomings (LTE in LG Observer 12/5/22)
- Fall 2022 News and Alerts (November 2022)
- Oregon Public Utility commissioners meet in La Grande (LG Observer 11/19/22)
- Press Release: The Stop B2H Coalition has been awarded $40K from the Oregon Historic Trails Fund of the Oregon Community Foundation!
- Living where government colludes to take land (Op Ed in La Grande Observer September 2022)
- Latest newsletter: Appeals Filed with Oregon Siting Council
- Other Views: Don’t tell me that fire doesn’t go downhill (La Grande Observer May 2022)
- Previous newsletter: Help these contested cases win! (May 2022)
- Contested Case Summaries (April 2022)
- B2H seeks to overstep noise laws meant to protect Oregonians (OpEd in La Grande Observer, May 2022)
- Top Ten Reasons to Stop B2H
The Stop B2H Coalition is a 501c3 nonprofit organization,
registered in the State of Oregon.
Donations are tax deductible.